History and Goals of the LSCGG
The LSCGG is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to encourage genealogy, and assist others in gathering genealogical information. The society is dedicated to the tasks of collecting, preserving and publishing genealogical and historical information. The scope of information is primarily concerned with LaSalle County, but also includes information from other counties, states and countries. The LSCGG is operated solely by volunteer help. All donations are gratefully accepted.
- Informative Monthly Meetings
- Six newsletters each year
- PASTFINDER publications
- Use of the surname file
- Free Queries in newsletter
- Use of our genealogical library
- Meetings are held on the third Saturday of every month except December.
- Meetings begin at 1:00 P.M.
- A brief business meeting is followed by a speaker.
- Refreshments are served following the meeting.
- The library is closed to research during the meeting.
- Visitors are welcome!
- Meetings are held at the Genealogy Guild building, at 115 W. Glover St., Ottawa, IL 61350.
- Our phone number is: (815)433-5261
- Need driving directions or a map? Use MAPQUEST.COM
- Membership fees: Individual: $15.00, Family: $18.00, per year.
- Membership Application Form (PDF Format)